My place to rant & rave & bitch & moan.

2009-04-27

Animals Taiwan Flea Market - Join US!

These are the drinking playing cards I got at the flea market.
They're excellent.
I'm going to make a game out of it at my birthday party.

So my friend Lilian is almost CEO of Animals Taiwan (just a matter of time Lil, just a matter of time), a non-profit organization that helps stray/abused/abandoned animals in Taiwan. They organize a flea market every 2nd and 4th sundays of the month. Yesterday, I went to volunteer. I'm not a huge animal lover, and growing up I never had any pets around the house because my parents aren't too fond of animals - too much hassle I guess.

This is Lilian This is my visual merchandising
These are the other 2 slaves
Oh wait, I did have a pair of budgies in middle school. We got them for a science project we had to complete. No, no disecting. We had to observe them, which was quite boring because they didn't do shit, nor did they play with me. I don't know what happened to them. I think we gave them away after we completed the science project. I got a C-.
So yea, Sunday was a lot of fun, a lot of heaving lifting, a lot of yelling and hard-selling, a lot of bargain-defense. The stuff I donated FLEW off the shelves. So much pressure to bring in even better stuff next time, since my repeat customer will be coming in again, haha. My friends dressed me in all these vintage stuff to make me look like a bum, but I am not sharing the photos.
This post is dedicated to Lillian, she is pissed because I always say that I'd write about her but I never do. Attention-whore. Join US! In 2 Sundays!

2 comments:

  1. Okay first of all, thank you for writing this JOIN US! post. BUT..how come i feel like this post is dedicated more to you than me?? hahah like your C- sciene project and your ultra cool, super hot donated items. YOU YOU YOU!!! and i CANNOT believe you spelled my name wrong!!! unbelievable suz..you are level 3 in my books now. i think you owe me another dedication ahahha. ok gbye..this longass comment is starting to look like a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. because we just had a little fight i will blog about you in the next little while.

    ReplyDelete