My place to rant & rave & bitch & moan.

2009-12-31

Anticipating 2010

It's now 8:30ish pm here in Taipei.
I am parting from my partying ways this new year's eve. I am home, in my PJs, in my glasses, hair pulled into a homebody bun, waiting for ice cubes to freeze by midnight so I can drink a few glasses of Baileys on the rocks before I head to bed.
Didn't even turn the TV on to see what the world is up to at this moment.
I can hear fireworks going off already.
And I am in my own little space, working on my own little portfolio, reflecting back on what I've done over the past 4-5 years. Wow... I managed to pull off a lot of campaigns and projects from out of my ass. Looking at the photos and videos take me back to those countless all-nighters at the office rubbing my eyes like crazy thinking, 'Why the fuck am I doing this to myself for the equivalent of convenience store wage in Canada? Ma & Pa can soooo support me forever'.... and wanting to quit soooo bad everyday during the PR agency days.
But I'm proud of myself that I pulled through and never quit, and experienced the client side of things where time passed super quickly.
I am leaving adidas as a graduate, not as a quitter, and I don't care about what anyone else thinks, I am proud of what I've done for this brand in this Thumbelina-esque market called Taiwan.

NEW ADVENTURE AWAITS in 2010.

Scared shitless but excited as fuck! :)




1 comment:

  1. SUSAN LIN. 6+ hour chat Friday, and 2 days on portfolio. Your eyes must be so blurry, but hey, you managed to get it all done. All I can say is, IMPRESSIVE.

    ReplyDelete