My place to rant & rave & bitch & moan.

2009-05-24

I like my Sunday.

Sunday is usually my alone/rest day.
I usually stay at home, watch TV, go jog, surf the internet, clean my closet, etc.  About 2 years ago, I discovered this really cool second-hand book/cd shop on Yong Kang Street, which is about 4 short bus stops away from my house.  Ever since then, I'd go back every few Sundays to just flip through random books or oldschool CDs.  I knew that they had a vinyl records section, a huge selection, actually.  But I never bothered looking through it because I didn't have a record player anyway.
Now, I have a turntable.  So today I went to the 2nd hand store intending to buy some vinyl for the beach trip coming up.  I am so glad I had my camera in my bag, because I found some pretty incredible and truly bankai stuff.  
First, I check out the English section, or as they label, Western music.
I am guessing the "Poussez!" are the slutsos of the 70s (or 80s?)...
Orleans - Yummers homo action.
Joe Public - I've actually heard of them! Old school.
These guys are ultra cool wearing adidas tracksuits and superstars.
This album is titled "Jealousy", and this guy looks like a crazy wife-beating lunatic.
Now browsing the Chinese section...
hehehe... if you can read chinese, you can see that this album is titled "The Story of Kimchee"
This is bankai, I love this vintage look.
This LP features 2 tracks, one called "Who stole my lover" and the other "Miss Hotpants".
BANKAI.
After 2 straight days of clubbing, I am content that I had a day to myself to do absolutely nothing. Back to work tomorrow :(

1 comment:

  1. i like how you are incorporating the word BANKAI into your everyday vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete