My place to rant & rave & bitch & moan.

2009-05-09

My Birthday Weekend

Well, my birthday week has officially ended. Unlike last year, no crazy party with everyone, no double tables reserved at the club.  I just don't feel like going out anymore, and it doesn't help with my new Macbook which I want to spend every minute of my day with <3>
On the eve of my birthday I went to Barcode...
On the day of my birthday I went to China White with the ladies.
On the day after my birthday I went to ktv for me & Katie's joint birthday party (we do this every year, with adidas work people).  Again, the scale of this years' party was much smaller than last years, which means less people to entertain, which makes me happier.  Nonetheless I managed to get myself pretty hammered.
I just want to say, what a COOL cake our assistant got us. Notice how there is a 3-stripe logo AND an Originals Trefoil. Doesn't get much better than this...
On Saturday I went to watch 17 Again with D, then we went to Roxy for a drink.. for 4-5 drinks, actually.  It was good when it was still early and only a few tables of people.  J came afterward, it got busy, basically the entire club was filled with rowdy boys* and girls wearing a little too much make-up. Not even 1:30am, and I had to call it quits.  
*sidenote: I believe these rowdy boys are actually not that rowdy when they are sober. But when it is in a club setting, and when they've had a bit more to drink, they tend to start thinking that they are stud-lier and more handsome than usual.  With confidence comes the rowdiness, and with the rowdiness, up comes my disgust-level.
So, after 4 days of alcohol consumption, I would like to make a final conclusion.  I love my friends here in Taiwan, but I hate living here.  Although those are genuine smiles in the photos, I wake up every morning feeling like shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment